Check out the full Blog Post and Be Sure to Read the Comment Section!!
Click here to see the full post and comments section.
What should I look for when buying worm castings or vermicompost?
There is so much BS in the worm game that purchasing quality products and learning about making your own castings can be quite confusing.
You'll see many advertisers using claims like:
"Pure Worm Castings"
"No manures or yard waste in the worm bedding and they are grain fed."
What I encourage you to do is ask some questions about how the worm castings are produced. Once you get a few questions answered I think you'll have a much better understanding of the quality of the product you are considering.
6 Questions to ask your worm guy:
1. What type of worms do you use?
2. What type of material are the worms fed?
3. How long are the worms left with the material to make the castings?
4. What type of "Worm Feed" are you using to supplement their diet?
5. How long have you been in the Worm Casting business?
6. How long has the ready to purchase product sat around?
7. Are they 100% Pure Castings? (Run if they say yes)
Red Flag Answers: If you get several of these red flag answers I would avoid using the product.