So you want to brew your own compost tea huh? Well I can’t blame you. This stuff is better than anything you can pay for and will all the misinformation surrounding compost tea it would be foolish to have anyone else make it for you.
BEWARE of the Myths
1. Worm juice leachate is the same stuff.
No – Worm leachate is anerobic and not even close.
2. You’re supposed to put guano and nutrients in the tea.
No – this is compost tea. Not nutrient tea. The Nutrients will ruin the development of your diverse tea.
3. I can just buy bottles of Compost tea or Worm tea on ebay or online…. Why make it?
Tea doesn’t last and as soon as you stop brewing it you should use it right away. Never bottle it.
4. The guys on youtube promise excellent compost tea with a small aquarium pump.
Please avoid listening to any of this information. The best tea is proven to be made with a dissolved oxygen level above 6.0 ppm and the small aquarium pump isn’t even close. You might even make a tea that could cause problems in your garden. If you have to use an aquarium pump with a cheap airstone then keep the brew to a 1-2 gallon size, maybe a milk jug.
5. It’s finished when all foamy and sweet smelling, right?
To Read the rest of the article click here.