February 14, 2014
So you just ordered an ounce or two or the best 200x Aloe on earth from BuildASoil.com and you want to make sure you are doing it right.
First off, I'm stoked for you, this Aloe is one of my favorite additions to my garden. I drink it and so do my plants.
1/2 Teaspoon of this particular Aloe Powder weighs just over 1 Gram.
That means that 1/2 teaspoon is good to use for 4-5 gallons of water.
If you are mixing less, than just use less. I would use 1/8 teaspoon for 1 gallon of water.
Don't be scared if you use a little too much, it won't hurt, it will just be a slight waste.
1. Measure out some aloe powder based on the amount of water you want to use. I'm making enough for about 2 gallons here. Just under a 1/4 teaspoon.
2. Get a Glass of water with a fork or a whisk, my favorite is to use a Blender cup like for protein shakes.
3. Add some water, at least a cup or so and add the Aloe, it will have a little trouble separating and that's why you need to Shake Vigorously or Use a whisk, or even a Jar with a lid.... something to get the saponins activated and the mix into solution.
4. Let the Aloe water sit for 10 minutes so that it can totally integrate into the water before you add anything else. This isn't 100% necessary but is recommended. This is what it looks like after it's been mixed and left to sit.
5. Now add this to your water, I like to add this to my Chapin sprayer with a couple gallons of water and use it to water my seedlings etc.
That's it! It's easy to use and very effective.
Remember! Aloe has Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is involved in local and systemic plant defense responses against pathogens. It plays a role during stresses such as drought, chilling, heavy metal toxicity, heat, and osmotic stress. SA can volatilize and warn neighboring plants of attack. Cool Stuff! Thanks to Pseudomona Lisa for the quote.
January 06, 2017
Aloe Vera has Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid causes pistols to produce seeds so I would not use after week 1-2 of flower.
June 27, 2016
Hi: I have a fresh aloe plant and plan to blend about an inch of aloe in 8 oz h2o and mix that into 1 gal h2o. I have tried to find info about how often is it safe to water with the aloe mixture. Can I apply every feeding? Once a week? Thank you.
April 15, 2016
To whom it may concern,
I would appreciate some direction as to where I can find research on why to use aloe vera powder with gardening. I would really like to educate myself on the matter. Thank you for your time.
January 12, 2016
I have about a half a pound of powdered organics aloe, how could I utilize this in my soil for my plants, either in liquid or dry and at what rates. I would like to get the benefits I hear about just not sure where to start with it.
January 09, 2015
Do you have application rates for use in soil? I would assume 1-2 teaspoons per gallon of soil since its so concentrated. Any feedback would be great :)
December 05, 2014
Wondering about using the aloe as a foliar ?? I like to use a lemon grass oil an a surfactant, either coco wet or a soap as a foliar. Im able to spray with the lights on this way. Its convenient because I’m not around when lights are off an the lemon grass doesn’t burn the pistols.
Does the essential oil mix u sell tend to burn pistols? An can it be sprayed with lights on with out phytotoxicity or burn ? Id like to use your products to substitute for the lemon an soap spray ive been using, id realy like to possibly try using aloe an the oils together in a foliar spray
what your 2cents about that?
November 30, 2014
Joshua! No this won’t do any harm to the good ones. We are using a very mild concentration.
It says aloe is anti-bacteria, anti-fungle, etc… is that going to kill of the good ones?
September 15, 2014
I was at grocery store and purchased 2 24 inch
Aloe Vera leaves, there shouldent be any problem with taking a 3 inch square pc, squeezing out the juice into 4 litre water, insert a aquarium hose , let bubble 24 hours and use ?
Thank You Bulldog
July 07, 2014
this aloe is great. jeremy is a very trustable guy. he will talk the time to talk with you and figure out exactly what you need and what you dont. everything on this site is here for a reason…check everything out…its all great product.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 05, 2017
May 05, 2017
May 02, 2017