2021 Busy Season - Expect Order Delays - Check Here For Shipping Info
September 08, 2020
This video will give you a 15 minute rundown on important considerations for your Organic IPM routine. IPM stands for Integrated Pest Management and is a very important part of indoor growing.
How to keep a pest free indoor grow - Organic IPM from BuildASoil on Vimeo.
Basic bullet points I cover in more detail in the video:
1. Don't take cuts. (Clones) When taken from another grower can bring unwanted pests and diseases.
2. Grow Environment has to be proper
3. Watering properly: https://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/how-to-water-living-soil-over-water-vs-under-water
4. Spraying routine once per week with a rotation of favorite organic products.
5. Look for good ingredients and realize this is about being consistent and clean in your garden and not a magical product.
As promised in the video there are a few PDF documents:IPM NOTES PDFEPA 25B Exempt Approved ACTIVE IngredientsEPA 25B Exempt pesticides Approved INERT ingredients list
Also Recommended Reading List
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 22, 2021
August 31, 2020
If you have been reading about cultivating indoors with organic soil then you've heard of SubCool's Super Soil. I admit to starting with this mix and thought I was really doing something special when I first went for it. I bought all the stuff and was really excited to use it.
My results were actually pretty good, but I've since moved on I think you should too.
Besides the "base soil" being purchased instead of made from scratch, I have many other issues. All in all this taking bagged soil and adding worm castings and nutrients isn't a bad idea, but it can be improved upon and money can be saved.
Here is the Recipe: 8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil) 25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings 5 lbs steamed bone meal 5 lbs Bloom bat guano 5 lbs blood meal 3 lbs rock phosphate ¾ cup Epson salts ½ cup sweet lime (dolomite) ½ cup azomite (trace elements) 2 tbsp powdered humic acid
Now I'll go through each item: Read more.....
August 03, 2020