Yes! We are open and shipping. Click here to learn more.
July 17, 2013
Don't buy expensive bottles of organic pest control spray. Make your own!!!
You can use just soap and water. You can add the Neem oil with just soap and water. You can do soap, essential oil, and water. The point is, you don't have to use all the ingredients at the same time, but you do require an emulsifier. If you are using soap and not agsil16h to emulsify than make sure you are using enough soap to emulsify the oil. Shake every minute or so while spraying and use right away.
Pro Tip: Switch it up and don't let the bugs get used to what you're doing. This is KEY to winning the war.
Items Discussed in the video:
1. Neem oil or Karanja Oil (natural insecticide safe for plants and worms etc.) 1oz per gallon water www.NeemResource.com
2. Agsil16H (Potassium Silicate) 1.5 Grams of Agsil16H per Ounce of Neem to Emulsify.
3. Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps to emulsify Neem oil and kill bugs (1 Ounce per gallon prevention and 2 ounces per gallon infestation)
4. Aloe Vera 200x powder Great additive to any spray (1 gram per 199 grams water makes about 3/4 cup pure aloe vera juice and that is good for 3-4 gallons water)
5. Essential Oils: Cinnamon, Rosemary, Eucalyptus and others. (5-10 Drops per gallon total)
6. Neem Cake: Soak (with or without a bag) 1 cup in 1 gallon water for 24 hours and strain. Use soap or emulsifier at 1 ounce per gallon then spray! Also, Top dress with dry neem cake at 1 teaspoon per gallon of soil for container plants to prevent house flies and mites from developing in the soils surface.
Use all sprays right away!
Spray in the early morning or late evening. Spray more often when it's hot out and when it's raining. Spray less in the winter, maybe once every 5-10 days as preventative measure.
Insects lay eggs on the underside of the leaves. Hence it is important to spray on the underside of the leaves as well.
It is better to use low concentration of extracts frequently.
Each acre of land can be sprayed with 15 gallons of ready to use solution.
Pro Tip: You can use garlic and Cayenne pepper too. Get creative and test the new recipes on 1 plant in a small area first.
Please post any questions in the comments area, and I will answer them personally.
If you have a specific pest problem, please include details.
July 08, 2020
June 11, 2020
Check out www.ThePerfectLoaf.com for all the info. You can make a starter following the directions there. If someone gives you a starter and you want to know the basics here is some info.
BuildASoil Sourdough Starter Feeding
Your starter will be very active and require twice daily feedings or you can put into the fridge to slow this down to once per week feedings.
How to know when I should feed?
May 03, 2020