2021 Shipping Updates - We Are Shipping Fast!
July 17, 2013
Don't buy expensive bottles of organic pest control spray. Make your own!!!
You can use just soap and water. You can add the Neem oil with just soap and water. You can do soap, essential oil, and water. The point is, you don't have to use all the ingredients at the same time, but you do require an emulsifier. If you are using soap and not agsil16h to emulsify than make sure you are using enough soap to emulsify the oil. Shake every minute or so while spraying and use right away.
Pro Tip: Switch it up and don't let the bugs get used to what you're doing. This is KEY to winning the war.
Items Discussed in the video:
1. Neem oil or Karanja Oil (natural insecticide safe for plants and worms etc.) 1oz per gallon water www.NeemResource.com
2. Agsil16H (Potassium Silicate) 1.5 Grams of Agsil16H per Ounce of Neem to Emulsify.
3. Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps to emulsify Neem oil and kill bugs (1 Ounce per gallon prevention and 2 ounces per gallon infestation)
4. Aloe Vera 200x powder Great additive to any spray (1 gram per 199 grams water makes about 3/4 cup pure aloe vera juice and that is good for 3-4 gallons water)
5. Essential Oils: Cinnamon, Rosemary, Eucalyptus and others. (5-10 Drops per gallon total)
6. Neem Cake: Soak (with or without a bag) 1 cup in 1 gallon water for 24 hours and strain. Use soap or emulsifier at 1 ounce per gallon then spray! Also, Top dress with dry neem cake at 1 teaspoon per gallon of soil for container plants to prevent house flies and mites from developing in the soils surface.
Use all sprays right away!
Spray in the early morning or late evening. Spray more often when it's hot out and when it's raining. Spray less in the winter, maybe once every 5-10 days as preventative measure.
Insects lay eggs on the underside of the leaves. Hence it is important to spray on the underside of the leaves as well.
It is better to use low concentration of extracts frequently.
Each acre of land can be sprayed with 15 gallons of ready to use solution.
Pro Tip: You can use garlic and Cayenne pepper too. Get creative and test the new recipes on 1 plant in a small area first.
Please post any questions in the comments area, and I will answer them personally.
If you have a specific pest problem, please include details.
October 26, 2020
Hi Jeff! I hope you get those bugs handled, we just started carrying Pure Neem Oil imported from India and It’s really effective.
The pepper plant leaves are not having bug issues, it’s actually called Edema.
Edema in plants is the extended swelling in plant organs caused primarily by an excessive accumulation of water. This occurs since the cell walls are composed of flexible cellulose.
Check out this article on Edema on thehotpepper.com
i have aphids amd whiteflies. ive been spraying 25b oils mixed with fish oil. its working well when i spray but they keep coming back! my plants look great but i know they are going to start to hurt soon. my peppers are getting hit hard, and new leaves are deformed and im not sure if its the bugs now. let me know if bugs can make leaves weird shapes and bubbly. thanks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 08, 2020
August 31, 2020
If you have been reading about cultivating indoors with organic soil then you've heard of SubCool's Super Soil. I admit to starting with this mix and thought I was really doing something special when I first went for it. I bought all the stuff and was really excited to use it.
My results were actually pretty good, but I've since moved on I think you should too.
Besides the "base soil" being purchased instead of made from scratch, I have many other issues. All in all this taking bagged soil and adding worm castings and nutrients isn't a bad idea, but it can be improved upon and money can be saved.
Here is the Recipe: 8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil) 25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings 5 lbs steamed bone meal 5 lbs Bloom bat guano 5 lbs blood meal 3 lbs rock phosphate ¾ cup Epson salts ½ cup sweet lime (dolomite) ½ cup azomite (trace elements) 2 tbsp powdered humic acid
Now I'll go through each item: Read more.....
August 03, 2020