BuildASoil Mineral Kit - (For Coco Coir)
BuildASoil Mineral Kit for Coco Coir
If you're looking to mix soil you will need a Nutrient Kit and a Mineral Kit.
If you're looking for Nutrients see our Nutrient Kit For Sphagnum Peat Moss Base - ClackamasCoots Style. We separate the two so that the natural moisture in the rock dust doesn't effect the raw nutrients.
This Mineral Kit is compatible with making a NEW batch of soil using Coconut Coir.
Coconut coir is PH neutral and has a special need for calcium and potassium. This mineral mix will help balance the Coco Coir to a no-Till Living soil.
If you are working with Peatmoss you might want to check out our BuildASoil Mineral Kit for Sphagnum Peatmoss.
Mineral Kit Includes:
(Use at 4 Cups Per Cubic foot of soil or about 1/2 Cup per gallon of soil)
1. BuildASoil Basalt - Our Favorite Rock Dust for trace minerals. Highly paramagnetic.
2. Gypsum Dust - Calcium and Sulfur
3. Sul-Po-Mag per CF also known as langbeinite - Has Sulfur, Potassium and Magnesium
Selecting the right Mineral Mix:
18 lb Mineral Mix (25 Cups) - Mixes into 6 Cubic Feet of Soil = $16.05
27 lb Mineral Mix (37 Cups) - Mixes into 9 Cubic Feet of Soil (1/3 Yard) = $16.59
40 lb Mineral Mix (55 Cups) - Mixes into 14 Cubic Feet of Soil (1/2 Yard) = $25.57
80 lb Mineral Mix (110 Cups)- Mixes into 27 Cubic Feet of Soil (1 Yard) = $40.36
1800 lb Mineral Mix - Bulk Tote = $881.25
This kit will balance the Ph, add Calcium, help make other nutrients available and overall add trace minerals to your soil.
- 2 Parts BuildASoil Basalt - Trace Minerals and High Paramagnetic Energy
- 1 Part Gypsum - Locally Mined in Colorado - Calcium and Sulfur
- 2 Tablespoons Sul-Po-Mag per CF also known as langbeinite - Has Sulfur, Potassium and Mag
- Use at 4 Cups Per Cubic Foot
Benefits of Remineralization:
- Provides slow, natural release of elements and trace minerals.
- Increases the nutrient intake of plants.
- Increases yields and gives higher brix reading.
- Rebalances soil pH.
- Increases earthworm activity and the growth of microorganisms.
- Builds humus complex.
- Prevents soil erosion.
- Increases the storage capacity of the soil.
- Increases resistance to insects, disease, frost, and drought.
- Produces more nutritious crops.
- Enhances flavor in crops.
- Decreases dependence on fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides.
Read more about rock dust: http://remineralize.org/history