L.O.S. V3.0 Nutrient Mix Kit
FREE SHIPPING on select L.O.S. V3.0 Nutrient Mix Kits!
For Production of Mineral Mixes.
If you're looking to mix your own soil you will need a Nutrient Kit and a Mineral Kit.
Building your own soil? This is our preferred method...
Want to learn more about Building soil? Check out this blog article: Building Soil Article
Nutrient Kits Include:
(Use at 1.5 Cups Per cubic foot of soil or about 3 Tablespoon per gallon of soil)
1. Crustacean Meal - Crab and Shrimp
2. Kelp Meal - Thorvin Brand Ascophyllum Nodosum
3. Karanja Cake - Terviva
4. Malted Barley Grain
5. Fish Bone Flour
6. Alfalfa Meal Organic
(Our recipe is based on 1/2 cup per cubic foot with each ingredient.)
What You'll Need To Get To Finish The Recipe:
1. Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss: Available in 2.0 Cubic Foot Bales and 3.8 Cubic Foot Bales at Home Depot and most gardening stores. Notice: The 2.0 Bale will fluff up to about 3.0 Cubic Feet and the 3.8 Bale will fluff to about 6 Cubic Feet.
2. High Quality Compost or Worm Castings: Search for local compost or castings on craigslist or order some here on our website.
3. Aeration Amendment: Something to aerate the soil like perlite does in normal potting mix. We like to use Pumice and Rice hulls but you can use whatever is available to you including perlite, rice hulls, lava rock, pumice etc.
Mix and then let sit for 1-2 weeks before planting.