Seasonal Fermented Plant Extract of Willow🌿
✨ Exclusively crafted with love on a quaint farm near Paonia, Colorado. Adopting the essence of natural probiotic farming practices, this treasure is more than just a product - it's a legacy from the earth, under the passionate care of Miles Filippelli since 2016. 💚
🌱 Features & Benefits:
- 🔄 Powered by Lactobacillus bacteria, nature's decomposers, breaking down organic compounds for efficient absorption.
- 🍯 Derived from pristine Mountain Water, Willow, Molasses, Sorghum Syrup and local goat whey lactic acid bacteria, harmonized with EM-1.
- 🌼 Made specifically from nutrient-packed willow branches beneficial for all growth phases, particularly the rooting stage.
- 🍉 Enriched with salicylic acid, willow branches are an old time gardening secret
- 📊 Balances and maintains PH levels for better stability in gardens.
Water, Lactic Acid Bacteria from local goat whey, Molasses, Sorghum Syrup, Plant Matter (Willow Branches), EM1
❓ Why Choose Our Fermented Plant Extract?
🌺 Our unique Willow Fermented Plant Extract is tailored for comprehensive plant growth, focusing especially on the rooting phase. Gift your plants the richness of willow and witness the magic unfold! 🌼
🤝 Proudly associated with BuildASoil and dedicated to delivering only the highest quality for the Fermented Plant Extracts product line.
🌿 Willow's Incredible Growth Secret 🌿
🤩 Ever marveled at the rapid growth of willow? They expand so swiftly that before you know it, new branches have sprouted! 🌳💨
While their growth might not be instantaneous, they're among the champions of fast growth in the plant world 🌍. Behind this phenomenon lies science. The secret sauce? A unique plant hormone known as indolebutyric acid 🌱💪.
Next time you're trimming your exuberant willow, think twice before discarding those branches 🚫🗑️. They hold the essence of willow's powerful growth hormones, perfect for nurturing other plants. Experience the magic of this DIY rooting hormone, and watch your plants thrive like never before 🚀🌱.
📜 Tracing Willow's Roots 📜
The vast Salix genus boasts over 400 willow species sprinkled across the globe 🌐. Beyond its rapid growth, willow holds a rich medicinal legacy, notably as nature's precursor to aspirin. Extracted salicylic acid from willow bark gives us this pain-relieving wonder 💊.
Long before aspirin's debut in 1899, indigenous cultures have revered the bark and leaves of the willow tree for its therapeutic properties against pain and inflammation 🌿🩺.
Before the age of commercial rooting agents, the willow stood out as the go-to natural enhancer for plant propagation 🌱🔄.
🌱 Rooting Hormone: Nature's Growth Elixir 🌱
📃 Crafting Willow Water: A Rooting Concoction 📃
Fermentation takes longer and locks in the benefits for long term storage but you can also make a faster version at home.
Discover the art of brewing willow branch tea, your secret weapon for robust plant propagations 🌱💦.
🌿 Willow Water Rooting Solution 🌿
- Young willow branches (ideally those that are no thicker than a pencil and from the current year's growth)
- A large container or bucket
- Boiling water
- Glass jar or bottle for storing
Collection of Willow Branches:
- Search for a willow tree and cut some young, healthy branches. Remember, the newer the growth, the higher the concentration of the rooting hormone (indolebutyric acid).
Preparation of the Branches:
- Remove all the leaves from the branches.
- Cut the branches into small pieces, around 1-2 inches long.
Steeping the Willow Pieces:
- Place the cut willow pieces into your container or bucket.
- Pour boiling water over the willow pieces, ensuring they are fully submerged.
- Let the mixture sit and steep for 12-24 hours. This allows the water to extract the rooting hormone from the willow pieces.
Straining and Storing:
- After steeping, strain the willow pieces out, collecting the water in a glass jar or bottle.
- Your willow water rooting solution is now ready to use!
- For plant cuttings: Soak the base of your cuttings in the willow water for several hours before planting them.
- For already potted plants: Water them with the willow water solution to encourage root growth.
- As a growth boost: Occasionally water your plants with willow water as it not only promotes rooting but also can give plants a growth boost due to the presence of beneficial compounds.
Storage and Shelf Life:
It's best to store your willow water in the refrigerator if you're not using it immediately. Use within 2 months for best results. After this period, the effectiveness may decrease.
If you instead opt to purchase our Fermented Version the shelf life is MUCH longer and will last years at room temperature.
Benefits of Willow Water:
- Willow water is a natural alternative to commercial rooting hormones.
- It contains salicylic acid, which can help protect plants from diseases.
- The solution encourages root growth and can boost the overall health of the plant.