In 2011, Agroplasma Inc.® was the first fertilizer company to register a soy protein nitrogen in the organic fertilizer market. Introducing Ferticell® Explorer Plant Protein Nitrogen 13-0-0 to the market revolutionized the organic fertilizer industry, allowing growers to get an immediate boost of N, without the risks associated with animal and compost inputs.
The penetration of active ingredients (amino acids and peptides) into internal structures of PH-treated plants is crucial since PHs based biostimulant are usually foliarly applied (Colla et al., 2015a; Yakhin et al., 2017).
In addition to the carbon and amino acids, the nitrogen content is 15% higher on the organic nitrogen, and 51% higher on the nitrate nitrogen, allowing for a quick, stable, and efficient release of nutrients to the plant and soil microbes, increasing the efficiency of production within the plant.
Unlike Ferticell®, our competitors are not single sourced, nor do they have ownership of their facility, they have multiple brokerage practices that will not protect or insure quality, leading to impurities of the actual product, less refinement.
In the analysis you will see that starting with the moisture content, their product is carrying 4.44% by v/v of water weight, so in a bag of their product, you are only getting 95.56% of your monies worth. Additionally, in the amino acid comparison, their product is 20.8% deficient of amino acids, these alterations in optimum levels of essential amino acids (below 95%) may create a limitation in amino acid performance opening the way for decreased plant disease immunity. Also when you have such a significant deficiency, it creates allowances for impurities, (See Figure C). Due to this allowance of impurities, their product is not 100% soluble like Ferticell® Explorer 16-0-0 or Ferticell®Explorer Liquid 10-0-0[link to explorer liquid].
Ferticell® Explorer Liquid 10-0-0 is the highest liquid plant protein nitrogen[link to explorer liquid]. available in the United States that is registered organic.
When putting numbers together, you will see, the Ferticell® Explorer products do not cost, they pay, in quality, purity and production.
Why Use a Plant-Derived Protein Nitrogen?
Are you using all four forms of Nitrogen in your current fertility program? Most everyone understands the first three forms of Nitrogen being nitrate, Ammoniacal, and urea. The most misunderstood form of Nitrogen and the most vital is soy protein hydrolysate. It is essential to rotate or balance all four forms of Nitrogen in a successful fertility program.
Incorporating a protein Nitrogen during high-stress periods is the safest way to continue healthy growth, even during stressful times for the crop. Protein Nitrogen will never build up or become toxic in soils as synthetic Nitrogen has done in the past. It will also not leach from your soils, which has caused the problems with groundwater contamination we see today. With soy protein nitrogen, even in cool periods and warm periods, the release curve remains predictable. Ammoniacal forms of Nitrogen become fairly risky during high temperatures, and nitrate forms of Nitrogen become unreliable in their conversions during cool temperatures. Protein Nitrogen does not contain any of these risks or limiting factors typically associated with conventional forms of Nitrogen.
Suggested Use Considerations:
- Blend with conventional nitrogen to lower total N requirements
- Stand-alone product for use under high temperatures and environmental stress
- Reduced requirements for additional plant stimulants or hormones
- Explorer protein will reduce the demand for fossil fuel-produced fertilizers and support environmentally sound statements for consumer
- 1-2 TBSP per gallon of water as root drench or foliar application to give boost of N.
- 16% Protein Nitrogen content
- 100% Water soluble
- Will not leach from most soils
- Enzyme hydrolysis process produces a 100% water-soluble Nitrogen containing compounds of protein, peptides, and amino acids
- Contains 50% carbon
- Compatible with all conventional Nitrogen sources and most fertilizers
- Stable in normal environmental temperatures and requires no special handling
- Reliable release curve in all environmental conditions
- Contains no fossil fuel based Nitrogen sources
- Natural product with no negative environmental impact
- User-friendly, safe for employees to handle
- High carbon content makes excellent food source for soil biology
- No risk for tip burn normally associated with nitrates or volatilization of ammonia
Click HERE to view product SDS sheet.