The formula for one gallon of EM5 is as follows (1:1:1:1:20):
- 3/4 C EM•1®
- 3/4 C Molasses
- 3/4 C Vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 3/4 C distilled alcohol (vodka, whiskey, tequila)
- Add some other plant material (fresh hot peppers or garlic...or fresh herbs that have known pesticide properties like mint leaves, lavender, eucalyptus, mella luca, neem, etc.)
- Fill the gallon container with warm water (110-120ºF)
- Seal and ferment until pH goes below 4.0
Spray EM5 alternately with EM•1® or EM•1® Fermented Plant Extract through a hose-end sprayer. The thought here is to prevent the pests from getting used to or building a tolerance to the same product.
Week One: Apply AEM•1®, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property
Often people will set up an informal program as follows (Diluting the AEM•1®, EM5, or EM FPE with 500 parts water):
Week Two: Apply EM5, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property
Week Three: Apply EM FPE, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property
Week Four: Apply AEM•1®, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property
This pattern is repeated throughout the growing season.