Bokashi is a Japanese term meaning fermented organic matter. EM·1® thrives with rice bran due to the high levels of antioxidants and minerals in rice bran, creating the highest quality bokashi.
EM·1® Rice Bran Bokashi is saturated with beneficial microorganisms and is commonly used for food waste recycling, odor control for pet waste, and to accelerate compost and plant residue and mulch decomposition. It can also be used in portable toilets, waterless toilets, and added to potting soil mixes.
Compost and gardening directions:
- Sprinkle EM·1® Bokashi on food waste after it is placed in a fermentation bucket or compost pile, coating it with the EM·1® Bokashi. Fermented food waste can be buried in a hole and covered with 6 inches of dirt or layered in a compost pile to accelerate decomposition. Typically, 1lb is used per 5-gallon food waste bucket.
- Apply EM·1® Bokashi on mulch or plant residue at a rate of 1 lb. per 100 sq. ft
- Add at 2% to potting soil mixes.
- Keep EM·1® Bokashi dry during storage.
- Use EM·1® Bokashi within 1 year of purchase.
Fermenting Food Wastes:
- Use our food waste recycling buckets.
- Sprinkle EM·1® Bokashi on fresh food wastes as they added to the bucket to ferment.
Kitty litter directions:
- Add two cups of EM·1® Bokashi to fresh litter for odor control.
- Add 1 cup of EM·1® Bokashi per week between litter box changes to maintain freshness and extend the life of the litter.