JADAM Wetting Agent is a natural surfactant and emulsifier that can be added to your weekly IPM or foliar fertilizer program. It will aid in overall penetration, coverage, and effectiveness of the substances used in your IPM or fertilizer program.
Application Rate: Dilute 1 to 4 ounces per gallon of water. Mix well. Foliar spray on plants or add to your foliar fertilizer program. *Must be foliar sprayed
Ingredients: Filtered water, canola oil, potassium hydroxide
All credit for this recipe goes to JADAM. If it was not for them, these ultra-low-cost farming practices would not be available and so widespread.
How to Make JWA At Home:
- Heat-Resistant Container with Air-Tight Lid
- Kitchen Scale
- Immersion Blender or Drill With Mixing Attachment
- Bowls for Weighing Out Inputs
- Potassium Hydroxide (KOH)
- Canola Oil
- Filtered Water
This recipe will make approximately 3.5 gallons of JADAM Wetting Agent.
- Measure out 400 grams of potassium hydroxide in a bowl and measure out 312.5 grams of filtered water.
- Place the water in the heat-resistant-container. Then, pour the potassium hydroxide in and immediately cover with a lid, as this is a caustic chemical reaction taking place that can be dangerous and will produce temps up to 220 degrees. Swirl the container around to fully dissolve the potassium hydroxide.
- Measure out 76 fl. oz. of canola oil in a bowl. Pour the canola oil into the heat-resistant container with the potassium hydroxide solution.
- Using the blending tool, mix the solution until a thin mayonnaise consistency is formed.
- Place the lid on the container and allow it to sit for 3 days or until it becomes hard like butter. If it does not harden up, re-mix the solution with the blending tool.
- Add 84.5 fl. oz. of filtered water to the container and mix gently with the blending tool. Make sure all clumps are off the bottom and side of the container.
- Add an additional 253.6 fl. oz. of filtered water to the container. Stir manually.
- Place lid on the container and allow it to melt slowly for 24 hours and it will be complete. Store in a tightly sealed container. It has no expiration date